Sa'idah Jaffar | May 16, 2017
PREP 45 Mins + freezing COOK 10 Mins MAKES 8
200g dark chocolate, chopped
50g butter, chopped
2 eggs, whisked
2/3 cup Tate Lyle Brown Sugar with Stevia (Available at all Cold Storage outlets)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Melted white chocolate, to serve
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup roughly chopped salted peanuts
2-litre tub chocolate chip ice-cream, softened
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter on medium heat. Cool.
3. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until thickened. Beat in melted chocolate mixture. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
4. Dollop tbsps of mixture onto trays to make 16 rounds, 2cm apart. Bake 8-10 mins, until cookies are just cracked on top. Cool completely on trays.
5. ICE-CREAM. In a large bowl, fold peanut butter and peanuts through softened ice-cream. Return to container and freeze until firm.
6. Sandwich two cookies together with generous scoop of ice-cream. Drizzle with melted white chocolate to serve.
TIP: If pressed for time, use your favourite ready-made chocolate cookies.
This Tate Lyle Brown Sugar with Stevia is available for purchase at your nearest Cold Storage outlet!
You Might Also Like