Sa'idah Jaffar | December 8, 2016
Prep 10 mins plus freezing Serves 9
250g plain chocolate biscuits, broken
100g butter, melted
500g frozen pitted cherries
2 litres Bulla Creamy Classics vanilla ice-cream, softened (Available at Cold Storage)
1/2 cup dark chocolate fudge sauce
2 tbsps dark rum (optional)
Maraschino cherries, to serve
1. Grease and line a 20cm round springform pan with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse biscuits until fine crumbs form. Add butter and process until combined.
3. Press crumb mixture into base of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
4. Top frozen base with cherries. Top with just enough softened ice-cream to cover the cherries. Freeze for 1 hour.
5. In a small bowl, combine sauce and rum. Swirl the sauce mixture through remaining ice-cream and dollop over cherry layer. Freeze at least 4 hours until set.
6. Release cake from pan and place on a serving dish. Decorate with maraschino cherries on top and cut into wedges to serve.
TIP: If preferred, use caramel sauce and frozen berries of your choice.
Find this Bulla Creamy Classics vanilla ice-cream at your nearest Cold Storage outlet!