The Weekly | March 29, 2018
Who knew the humble hot cross bun can be so versatile? They can be used to create these pretty Choc Passionfruit Hot Cross Bun Puddings!
Prep: 15 mins Yields: 6 Servings
1 egg white
¼ cup caster sugar
200g dark or milk chocolate
4 chocolate hot cross buns
Chocolate mousse, extra whipped cream, to serve
3 passion fruit, pulp
1. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat 1 egg white until soft peaks form.
2. Gradually add caster sugar, beating well after each addition, until very firm and glossy.
3. In a large bowl, fold melted and cooled chocolate and cream, whipped to stiff peaks together, until smooth.
4. Using a metal spoon, lightly fold egg white mixture through.
5. Arrange torn chocolate hot cross buns in base of 6 x 250ml glasses. Top with chocolate mousse.
6. Serve dolloped with extra chipped cream and drizzled passion fruit pulp.
Photos: Rob Shaw & John Paul Urizar/bauersyndication.com.au