The Weekly | July 17, 2016
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
1 tbsp peanut oil
500g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 red capsicum, seeded, chopped
2 tbsps red Thai curry paste
¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
400ml can coconut milk
1 potato, peeled, chopped
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, quartered
1 egg, lightly beaten
Sesame seeds, to sprinkle
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil on high. Brown chicken 4 to 5 mins. Transfer
to a plate.
2. Add onion and capsicum to same pan and cook 3 to 5 mins until tender. Stir in paste and cook 1 to 2 mins until fragrant. Stir in peanut butter, followed by coconut milk, until smooth.
3. Return chicken to pan with potato and broccoli. Bring to simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 mins, until potato is tender.
4. Preheat oven to very hot, 200°C.
5. Spoon chicken mixture into four
1½–cup ovenproof dishes.
6. Top each dish with a pastry quarter, trimming edges. Brush with egg and sprinkle seeds.
7. Bake 12 to 15 mins, until tops are puffed and golden. Serve warm.