The Weekly | June 27, 2016
Prep 20 mins / Cook 20 mins / Serves 8
300g self-raising flour
1½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp fine salt
110g icing sugar
200g toasted ground peanuts (store-bought)
130ml corn or sunflower oil, plus extra
1 tbsp evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, icing sugar and peanuts in a bowl.
3. Add 1/3 of the oil at a time until mixture is moist enough to roll into a ball.
4. Flatten it slightly and place onto baking tray, leaving space between cookies.
5. For the egg wash, combine egg and milk. Brush the cookies with the egg wash.
6. Top cookies with chopped peanuts. Add a spoonful of oil if dough is dry.
7. Bake for 20 mins or until light golden
in colour. Allow the cookies to stand
in the baking tray for 20 mins before removing to cool on a wire rack.
8. Store the cooled mazola peanut cookies in airtight containers.
By Sa’idah Sheikh Jaffar / Photo: Chris Leong / Styling and recipes: Cindy Koo