The Weekly | June 27, 2016
Prep 40 mins / Cook 20 mins / Serves 8
260g plain flour
60g custard powder
95g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp orange rind
1 tsp orange paste
Emerald sugar crystals
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Combine the flours in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter, sugar, egg yolk and orange rind until light and fluffy.
4. Add the orange paste and flour mixture. Mix well. Allow dough to rest for 30 mins in the refrigerator before baking.
5. Use a semperit mould to shape cookies and sprinkle some sugar crystals on top. Bake for 20 mins or until light golden.
By Sa’idah Sheikh Jaffar / Photo: Chris Leong / Styling and recipes: Cindy Koo