The Weekly | March 29, 2018
These little hot cross bun bites make great party food, and you can also make cake pops out of them –dip a paddlepop stick into a little melted chocolate and insert into the base of ball. Allow to set upright in a water glass or secure on a foam base.
600g chocolate mud cake with icing, broken into chunks
⅓ cup sultanas
1 tsp ground cinnamon
200g block melted dark chocolate
50g melted white chocolate
1. In a food processor, combine cake, sultanas and cinnamon.
2. Process until combined and mixture forms a soft ball.
3. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls, flattening base, to form a bun shape. Freeze 20 mins.
4. Line a tray with baking paper. Insert tip of a fork into base of chilled ball. Dip into chocolate to coat, allowing excess to drizzle back into bowl.
5. Using another fork, carefully lift ball from fork and transfer to tray. Repeat with remaining balls and chocolate. Chill.
6. Pour white chocolate into a small snap lock bag. Push chocolate into one corner and snip off tip of bag. Carefully draw crosses over each ball. Allow to set.
Recipe & Photo: Woman’s Day/bauersyndication.com.au