The Weekly | July 13, 2016
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
2 tbsps oil
500g lamb rump, trimmed, cut into 2cm cubes
1 tbsp garam masala
2 onions, thinly sliced
400g can tomato puree
1 cup water
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, grated
2 tsps ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli powder (to taste)
½ cauliflower, cut into small florets
350g pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm cubes
400g can chickpeas, drained
Coriander leaves, naan bread (available in bread and frozen section of supermarkets), mango chutney, to serve
1. In a deep frying pan, heat oil on high. Dust lamb in garam masala. Brown, stirring, 3 to 4 mins. Transfer to plate.
2. Using same pan, sauté onion 4 to
5 mins, until lightly golden. Stir in puree, water, garlic, ginger and spices. Bring to simmer.
3. Reduce heat to low and return lamb to pan. Simmer, covered, for 25 mins.
4. Add cauliflower and pumpkin to pan. Simmer, covered, 10 to 15 mins. Stir in chickpeas and heat 1 to 2 mins, stirring.
5. Sprinkle with coriander to serve. Accompany with naan and chutney.
Photo by BRETT STEVENS/BAUERSYNDICATION.COM.AU