PREP 30 Mins COOK 1 1/2 Hours SERVES 6-8
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup caster sugar
2 tbsps cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar (or lemon or lime juice)
1 tsp ground mixed spice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
250g Tatua mascarpone (Available at Cold Storage outlets)
1 cup thickened cream, whipped
2 tsps brandy (optional)
4 figs, torn
2 fruit mince pies, roughly chopped
Candied orange rind, to serve
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt together until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff and glossy. Beat in the cornflour, vinegar, spice and cinnamon.
- Spoon the mixture onto the tray, spreading to form a 12 x 30cm rectangle with a slight recess.
- Bake for 20 mins. Lower oven temperature to 120°C. Bake for 1 hour 10 mins. Turn off the oven and cool completely in oven with door ajar.
- TOPPING In a large bowl, combine mascarpone, cream and brandy. Pile the mixture onto the pavlova. Serve topped with figs, mince pies and candied orange rind.
TIP: Fold half pies through cream and top with remaining ingredients and pies.
Find this Tatua Mascarpone at your nearest Cold Storage outlet.