The Weekly | July 4, 2016
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
2 cups pitted cherries
1/3 cup cherry jam
¼ cup caster sugar
½ cup cream
¼ cup milk
8 slices 2 cm-thick panettone
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tsps ground cinnamon
Mascarpone, to serve
Sliced fresh peach, to serve
Mint leaves, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, combine cherries, jam and sugar. Stir on low heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 10 minutes until
it becomes syrupy. Let it cool.
2. Whisk together the eggs, cream and milk.
3. In a non-stick frying pan, melt butter on medium heat. Working in batches of two, dip panettone slices into egg mixture. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden.
4. Dip slices in combined sugar and cinnamon.
5. Before serving, top panettone slices with a small dollop of mascarpone, a few slices of peach and cherry compote. Garnish with mint.
Recipe by BAUERSYNDICATION.COM.AU